Fauna & Flora International (FFI) has enormous respect and a sense of care for its members and supporters – they make our work possible, they inspire us, they challenge us to be better at conservation and fundraising – because of this we set out our promise to you for how we will carry out our fundraising, and how we will treat those who support our work. This promise is central to the way we fundraise and all of us at FFI make a commitment to adhere to it at all times. The details of FFI’s Fundraising Promise are set out below, but additionally to this promise we make some additional promises which we feel are important in showing how valuable we consider the relationship we have with our supporters:
- FFI will never sell or trade personal data – be that with charities or otherwise – this goes for every single piece of data we hold on our supporters, and this will never change.
- We are grateful for every donation, act of support, word of advice or guidance, for every comment, complaint or compliment. We will always make the effort to say thank you and acknowledge any act of support as quickly as possible (unless you tell us not to, in order to save postage).
- Being a supporter of FFI is being part of a two-way conversation. If you want to contact us, and if you want to speak to a specific member of the fundraising team then you can do that – we positively encourage it. It doesn’t matter what the nature of the question or contact is, we value the opinions, thoughts and feelings of those who support our work and want to hear them – because they’re important, and they allow us in turn to become better at what we do.
- FFI is committed to high standards
- We do all we can to ensure that our fundraisers, our volunteers, and any contractors working with us to raise money, comply with the Fundraising Code of Practice – which you can read here. We also ensure they comply with this promise which represents our own standards and expectations when it comes to fundraising and our relationship with our supporters.
- We always comply with the law, including those that relate to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
2. FFI is open and honest
- We always tell the truth and strive to never exaggerate.
- We always do what we say we’re going to do.
- We will always answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
3. We are clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used.
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
4. We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
5. We are fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress of offence.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
6. We are accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to give us feedback.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Standards Board to make a final adjudication.
If you have any questions about any of this, or wanted to ask any questions relating to our fundraising then you can speak to me, Paul White, Head of Supporter Recruitment & Development, by contacting me on:
Email at email@example.com
Telephone at +44 (0)1223 749018
Post at Fauna & Flora International, The David Attenborough Building, Pembroke Street, Cambridge, CB2 3QZ, UK
- You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly. The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting. This website will track the pages you visit and overall visit duration via Google Analytics (anonymously). Google Analytics will also tell us if you clicked on a Google AdWords ad, indicating what search terms you entered to activate the ad, if you donate, sign up as a member or sign up to an e-newsletter. In this case we will be able to identify you via the information you enter at the time of sign up or donation.
- This website will also allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook. This website will not share any personal information with third parties beyond what is strictly necessary in order to process donations, memberships or mailing list signups.
In the USA
- Fauna & Flora International, Inc. (FFI) respects the privacy of all our donors. We believe in safeguarding personal information and ensuring that donors’ privacy is protected.
- When donors provide FFI with their name, address, and any other personal data, we only use that information to keep them informed of programme activities, special events, and funding needs. If at any time a donor chooses not to receive these communications, he or she may contact FFI at the address below to be removed from our mailing list.
- Donor information is maintained on a secure database. Only authorized personnel have access to this information and only for appropriate business purposes.
- All records of donations are maintained according to the applicable standards of record retention in effect at the time of the donation. All records are maintained in secure locations. FFI uses online payment processing services with world-class security and strong reputations.
- The institution does not rent, sell, give away, or trade its donor lists or any information contained on those lists, nor will we send donors mailings on behalf of other organisations. Donor information is used by the institution only for charitable purposes as described above and as requested in grant applications. FFI donor information will not be used by any entity outside of the institution.
- FFI, Inc. may be legally required to disclose information on occasion. FFI complies with all applicable legal requirements and standards.
- Please direct any enquiries regarding fundraising activity in the USA to firstname.lastname@example.org